Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please read before posting - please check out the rules and what not to post

Wow, someone's complained big time I'm guessing.
    Or perhaps it's the start. Newspapers and mags wanting people to
    buy in order to win. I wonder, if that's the case, they don't make their
    comps cut-out entry form only.

What a shame!

So between the Sunday Star Times putting their foot down and the Sunday News near-complete lack of comps now , it seems our only shining light on a Sunday will be the Herald...wahoo the Herald then

I have been warned!! SIGH!!!! Sorry that I can't share any more. Hope that you have enjoyed the posts to date.

Quote Originally Posted by azpen View Post
    I have been warned!! SIGH!!!! Sorry that I can't share any more. Hope that you have enjoyed the posts to date.
    Thanks Azpen, it was great while it lasted (tho I never did win from them!).

What a pity, I love going in for these comps, as it made it much easier than posting. Thanks jo for letting us all know and also thanks to azpen for the many posts that was done via Sunday Star Times.

Thanks jo for the information regarding the rules.

Here's a little poem that I thought would brighten everyone's day - wherever you are in New Zealand.

When you're lonely, I wish you LOVE
    When you're sad, I wish you JOY
    When you're discouraged, I wish you HOPE
    When your spirit is low, I wish you BEAUTY
    When you're troubled, I wish you PEACE

I have to admit I'm in two minds
    I don't always buy the newspaper and it's probably the paper that has the best competitions so on the odd weeks I don't buy it, I look forward to seeing the competitions :)

But I can also understand their point of view - Their comps are for those that buy the paper :)

Guess i'll just have to make sure i buy it each week now lol

Just want to say a BIG thanks to Azpen for having always made the effort to post their comp's for us. That was really cool of you to do that every Sun morning.

Shame we can't keep entering this way, but I guess I can see it from both angles.

Have to agree with Jo though that it was still kind've advertising and exposure for them when we posted their comp's on this website. As Requiem says, it was 'good while it lasted'....

Thanks for all the effort Azpen!!

I think that sucks. Sunday Star Times Grrrr...I used to buy their paper but got sick of half of it being advertisements yet the price kept on going up.

:)BIG thanks to for all the post u have done for as .. all good things come to and end ... how sad
    Thanks for sharing and2 All

Thanks azpen for all you work, I did notice about 625 hits last week, the Sunday-Star Times will notice a big drop in their e-mails. LOL
    Incidently, someone posted a NZ Organ Society comp for a CD, & I noticed the promoter commented she had 23 members apply from one family (OCD for a CD I reckon. & happy comping azpen & Contest.

Thanks Azpen for all your work so far! muchly appreciated! they dont make the comps very easy to find it in either, dad had it today and i was looking through it and only found like 2

Thanks azpen I was looking through the paper while shopping today and a old lady told me i had to buy the paper to read it. I told her i owned the shop and could do anything. She moved away very fast.